Last Updated on Samuel Franklinby
Cat Quest Best Gear – Willpower, Faith & Courage Legendary Set
Learn how to acquire the Cat Quest best gear to help you progress through the cat themed action RPG with a reliable and powerful set of equipment. With the best available gear set you’ll be able to maximise health, attack, magic and armour with a blend of these statistics to create the Cat Quest best build that suits your preferred combat style.
While there are several options for the best equipment that are featured below by far the most reliable is the Cat Quest legendary items which you can farm from specific Cat Quest secrets to obtain Willpower, Faith and Courage. Cat Quest Willpower can be obtained as soon as you have the ability to walk on water which requires level 27, this allows you to reach the hidden location and has low level enemies only. Acquiring the other pieces though (Cat Quest Faith and Courage) is significantly harder although with patience and practice can also be obtained early on in your adventure. However, for the majority of players you’ll likely need to gear up a little further before tackling the challenges that protect these items from other dungeons or sources of unlockable golden chests such as the Cat Quest pirate treasure.
How To Get Cat Quest Willpower (Weapon)
Willpower is the easiest piece of the legendary set in Cat Quest and should be the first item you look to obtain as soon as you unlock the walk on water ability. Bringing an area of effect spell such as the Lightnyan and the healing spell can also be useful along with some armour.
Obtaining this equipment piece as early as possible is strongly recommended as Willpower in Cat Quest is a hard hitting weapon with a massive 333 damage that makes it the best weapon in the game considering its ease of acquisition and can easily be used for the entire game once obtained and still be effective in Mew Game (New Game +).
Focused on the concept of having willpower players will have to adventure through a long dungeon that has some unavoidable damage, requires patience and has a few basic fights following the video or step by step guide below:
- Start from the Winters Edge location near the north of the world map which is just on the edge of the main island. Walk north into the snow regions until you find an island with a bush that has the typical dungeon question mark over it.
- Enter the level 0 dungeon known as the Secret Cave and advance through the various challenges as you continue to head right. This is the only Cat Quest level 0 cave and you can collect the normal chests along the way although they all hold gear from the Crappy Gear set and are not useful.
- Note that various Cattraps will spawn on the floor some of which are unavoidable while others you can cross with patience. If you take too much damage use your heal spell or wait for your armour to regenerate to provide protection from damage. You should save some mana to cast an attacking spell at the end of this dungeon for ease and there is an enemy chest towards the end that gives you an opportunity to refill your mana bar.
- Eventually you will reach what appears to be the end of the dungeon although there is a secret path leading off to the right to take you deeper into the cave.
- Go as far right as you can until you reach the last golden chest, a Cattrap spawns under this chest and can be destroyed by using Lightnyan or a similar attacking spell easily. Players can also use a basic attack on although this is slightly harder as it requires careful timing after the trap disappears to attack where it was located.
- You can now open the chest and acquire Willpower which is part of the Cat Quest legendary items set, this item replaces your weapon with your cat paw when equipped and has 333 attack damage.
How To Get Cat Quest Faith (Helm)
Faith is the second easiest of the legendary items set to acquire which requires a number of tough fights in a level 99 dungeon. These can be done much earlier with patience, practice and the right setup which includes obtaining Willpower above first. Players should equip the best equipment they have available in terms of stats and utilise Flamepurr and Purrserk spells for your main attacks. Freezepaw can also be a nice backup to slow down the fights in this dungeon if you want additional utility.
In return you’ll earn the red coloured dot (bindi) which is a helm that gives 333 magic stat. Note that the location of this piece of equipment can also be a good location to level up in Cat Quest to 99 given it’s high level enemies.
The video and step by step guide to acquiring Cat Quest Faith is as follows:
- Start at East Pawt which is on the eastern side of the main island in Cat Quest and head north until you locate the level 99 Hidden Cave.
- Defeat the enemies inside the cave which includes two large dragons in what appears to be the end of this dungeon cave.
- Travel right from where you defeated the two dragons and you’ll find a hidden path that leads you to a tougher dragon fight who defends the gold chest that contains Faith.
- After you’ve defeated the last dragon open the golden chest to obtain the Faith equipment that is part of the Cat Quest legendary items set.
How To Get Cat Quest Courage (Armour)
The hardest of all the legendary items in Cat Quest is Courage which lies within a level 200 dungeon. Despite the high level this item can be obtained much earlier with practice and patience although is generally best acquired last in the legendary set as the other items will make acquiring it significantly easier. This item is a piece of armour that provides 333 health stat to your character to boost your survivability. Note that you need water walking ability to obtain this item.
The video and step by step guide to get Courage is as follows:
- Start at East Pawt which is on the eastern side of the main island and walk east (right) until you locate the level 200 Lonely Cave on its own small island.
- Enter the cave and defeat the enemies within, note that the two golden chest enemies deal 9,999 damage each and should thus must be avoided at all costs. I recommend you defeat both of these enemies first by attacking them from the sides. After defeating these enemies you can then fight the hedgehog in the centre. Note that this hedgehog is extremely powerful in terms of damage and abilities and it can be difficult to avoid all attacks given the large area effect of these attacks. Using a combination of Flamepurr, Purrserk and Freezepaw spells are likely to be most effective. Higher level characters that can tank a few hits can go for an all in strategy while others will have to play a strategy of safety and avoid getting hit entirely.
- After defeating all enemies the golden chest in the middle of the large area which can be opened to obtain Courage.