Last Updated on Samuel Franklinby
Idleon Squire Build Guide (Damage & Construction)
With the right Squire build guide you’ll have a formidable and durable fighter for your Legends of Idleon account who also serves as a useful construction and salt refinery character. Available as one of the job advancement options from the base warrior class the squire has a defensive theme being the only class to get a bonus from defence statues through talents and specialises in W3 mechanics. While not as damage focused as their barbarian counterpart the Squire will still serve you well and often a good option for your main mining character as this also allows your Barbarian to focus on killing and fishing which can be a significant time sink to gain the necessary fish resources.
This guide to building your Squire character is focused solely on the applicable squire talent tree and should be combined with our Warrior build guide for maximum effectiveness. Guides for all other classes and skills are available on our Idleon builds page.
Idleon Squire Build – Damage Build
Like the other class options available in Legends of Idleon building your Squire in an optimal manner is often unique to your account. This is because of the large number of account wide bonuses and mechanics the game has to offer that everyone upgrades in different ways and differing priorities. With this in mind slowly investing points into your character and assessing the impact on your damage is the only method to revealing the most optimal path for your character at a point in time.
With that in mind this Squire build below is designed to give you some general guidelines and tips that will allow you to achieve substantially the same result without the need to carefully monitor each point spent. The Squire also has one of the simpler builds of all Idleon characters although some differences depending if you intend to play actively (something that is a factor in your advancement to the class after Squire) or AFK.
The skill talent investment for your Squire build should be as follows:
- Shockwave Slash/Daggerang: The two active skills of the squire talent build are actually the heart of your build and should be levelled up equally when playing as this class. These provide the highest boost to your AFK gains and can be taken all the way up to level 100 before thinking about investing in alternative options. Note that if you are playing a large amount of the time active as your Squire then you can consider only a single point here as you’ll be unlikely to sustain their usage due to mana requirements initially. Both skills are particularly useful on the W2 boss (Efaunt) and certain game maps as they offer reliable ranged damage against multiple enemies and after your next class advancement are central to damage output as well.
- Back To Basics: After putting points into your skills as per the above instructions Back To Basics is generally the best path forward in your Squire build. With these extra points into your warrior talents you can look at gaining additional damage through Strength In Numbers, Absolute Unit or any other talents you are yet to max.
- Precision Power: It’s rare that you’ll ever want to be at 150% accuracy requirement for a monster early in your game progression as that generally means you have wasted points into WIS that you could have spent on damage instead. Precision Power also takes some time to be effective as it relies on refinery ranks for damage as well. That being said Precision Power is still an important damage increase as you’ll eventually reach a progression point where you are swimming in both accuracy and refinery ranks that makes it highly valuable.
- Mastery Up: Minimum damage is part of your AFK calculation so boosting this will mean more overall kills for your AFK sessions. It also has a niche use when playing actively that may improve your ability to 1 hit monsters by raising your minimum damage.
- Blocky Bottles: Allowing players to push their Meat Shank talent further this is a great next source of damage provided you have the talent points available in your earlier skill tabs to spend on the new maximum level.
- STR Summore: After obtaining the talents above strength can be your next Squire focus although like Blocky Bottles above this only increases the maximum level of a previous talent so need sufficient talent points to spend there to receive the benefit.
- Redox Rates/Sharper Saws: Once you’ve got all the damage focused talents maxed players can look to add construction experience and build rate depending on their needs to their damage build for a little extra boost to these when fighting as a Squire.
Idleon Squire Build – Construction Build
A construction focused build for the Squire is important to boost your construction focused gains and is combined with your mining skill preset. With salt refining being a major resource bottleneck especially when you are new to W3 you’ll also be able to use Refinery Throttle as a simple method to improving your salt refining progress. Even when using your Squire for fighting activating this skill when you visit town by swapping to a separate preset is a simple but effective way to boost your refinery salt gains in the long run.
I also recommend that you pair the talents here with your standard mining build as you’ll generate some additional construction experience and build speed while your squire is deep in the mines or using one of the future world mechanics that are also suited to this AFK skilling preset. Note that you’ll be able to obtain slightly higher efficiency for mining if you focus on Back to Basics and STR Summore instead of the below if you are currently just shy of mining your next ore type you may want to invest points there instead. Factoring the above in mind you can create a hybrid mining and construction build for the squire as follows:
- Refinery Throttle: An important talent to max when creating a construction build for your Squire but does require you to be diligent about actively using this skill each day. With salt being the main factor in how fast you can progress through W3 the ability to trigger a number of cycles instantly is a powerful talent to have and should form part of your Idleon dailies.
- Sharper Saws: Boosting your construction experience with no diminishing return for point spent this is a strong talent and one that will mean you can unlock higher tier cogs and level up your base build rate on the Squire that is important to progressing your buildings, towers and shrines.
- Redox Rates: Boosting your build speed this can help shave off some time requirement to building the higher tier construction items while you are busy AFK on this preset (mining or otherwise). The unfortunate nature of this talent though is that it is based on the power of 10 red salt which you are unlikely to accumulate large stockpiles of due to its high need and low creation rate so is a low priority compared to the above. In time though as your stockpile of red salt grows it starts to be a powerful contributor to your account.
- Super Samples/STR Summore/Shieldiest Statues: Each of these three contribute to your printing or mining output and should be maxed in the order noted here to push your gains a little higher for this preset.