Last Updated on Samuel Franklinby
Tarkov Chemical Part 4 Who To Give / Choose 2021
Wondering who to choose for Chemical Part 4 (or Out of Curiosity and Big Customer) in Escape From Tarkov? This multi choice quest leaves many players wondering who to give the quest which is a question answered on this page along with all the supporting reasons why. For those seeking a quick answer to continue on with your Tarkov raids I recommend you give the quest to Skier.
After completing Chemical Part 3 players will unlock three quests that each require the same objective to be completed. These are Chemical Part 4 (Skier), Out of Curiosity (Therapist) and Big Customer (Prapor) that each have their own quest rewards and penalties for choosing a different option (Loyalty Buyout, Trust Regain or No Offence). It will also unlock varying secondary quests that can be used to regain reputation with the vendors you failed. Choosing who to turn in the quest to is a permeant choice and is only reset with a Escape From Tarkov wipe or a player intiated account reset.
Below we will break down each of your available options and then summarise why Skier is the recommended choice for all players.
Chemical Part 4 (Skier) Option
By handing the Chemical Part 4 quest into Skier players earn themselves the following rewards:
- 6,600 Experience
- Skier Rep +0.1
- Jaeger Rep -0.01
- 35,000 Roubles (changes based on Intelligence Centre level)
- 1 Grenade Case
- Unlocks Zsh-1-2M helmet (black) from Ragman Level 3
For failure players will lose 0.3 Skier reputation and unlock Loyalty Buyout.
Out of Curiosity (Therapist) Option
By handing the Out of Curiosity quest into Therapist players earn themselves the following rewards:
- 8,300 Experience
- Therapist Rep +0.3
- 170,000 Roubles (changes based on Intelligence Centre level)
- 1 Meds case
For failure players will lose 0.3 Therapist reputation and unlock Trust Regain.
Big Customer (Prapor) Option
By handing the Big Customer quest into Prapor players earn themselves the following rewards:
- 8,200 Experience
- Prapor Rep +0.1
- Jaeger Rep -0.01
- 200,000 Roubles (changes based on Intelligence Centre level)
- PACA Soft Armor
- 2 Ammo case
For failure players will lose 0.15 Prapor reputation and unlock No Offence.
Why Choose Skier?
From the above you might be thinking that the Chemical Part 4 vs Out of Curiosity vs Big Customer debate doesn’t go in Skiers favour but there are several factors that make him the ideal candidate for the task hand in:
- Despite offering the lowest amount of experience this does not represent a significant impact on player progression with a single raid easily making up the difference.
- While offering limited reputational gains or losses Skier is one of the hardest traders to acquire reputation on in the early game while Therapist and Prapor have an abundance of quests that make the loss in reputation of failing their quests not material. This is the most significant and often underrated benefit of selecting Skier in the Chemical Part 4 who to choose debate (particularly for new players in their first wipe).
- Skier offers a medium amount of Roubles when factoring in the grenade case that can be sold. While this isn’t as high as the Therapist option Roubles can easily be earned through other means such as PMC loot runs or Scav runs and shouldn’t be a priority from questing.
- The quest is the only way to unlock the Zsh-1-2M helmet (black) which is sold for a cheaper price than the tan variant and provides a reasonable helmet and face shield combination. By not completing the quest with Skier the ability to purchase this is forever lost.