Last Updated on Samuel Franklinby
Tarkov Chemical Part 4 Who To Give / Choose
Wondering who to give Chemical Part 4 (or Out of Curiosity and Big Customer) in Escape From Tarkov? This multi choice quest leaves many players wondering who to turn into the quest which is a question answered on this page along with the supporting reasons why. For those seeking a quick answer to continue on with your Tarkov raids I recommend you complete the quest with Skier or Therapist based on the value of the injector case from Therapist to your playstyle, experience level and Tarkov game edition. New players or standard edition players will likely want to lean towards Skier to minimise lost reputation while experienced players can easily make up this lost reputation elsewhere and may get more value from the Injector Case for the PvP advantage and money gain potential it provides from being able to pocket multiple stims in your secure container.
After completing Chemical Part 3 players will unlock three quests that each require the same objective to be completed. These are Chemical Part 4 (Skier), Out of Curiosity (Therapist) and Big Customer (Prapor) that each have their own quest rewards and penalties for choosing a different option (Loyalty Buyout, Trust Regain or No Offence). It will also unlock varying secondary quests that can be used to regain trader reputation with the vendors you failed. Choosing who to turn in the quest to is a permeant choice and is only reset with a Escape From Tarkov wipe or a player initiated account reset.
Below we will break down each of your available options and then summarise why Skier is the recommended choice for all players.
Chemical Part 4 (Skier) Option
By handing the Chemical Part 4 quest into Skier players earn themselves the following rewards:
- 6,500 Experience
- Skier Rep +0.04
- 35,000 Roubles (changes based on Intelligence Centre level)
- 1 Grenade Case
- Unlocks Zsh-1-2M helmet (black) from Ragman Level 3
For failure players will lose 0.25 Skier reputation and unlock Loyalty Buyout where players can spend 1 million Roubles to obtain the reputation back.
Out of Curiosity (Therapist) Option
By handing the Out of Curiosity quest into Therapist players earn themselves the following rewards:
- 7,700 Experience
- Therapist Rep +0.04
- 170,000 Roubles (changes based on Intelligence Centre level)
- 1 Injector case
For failure players will lose 0.25 Therapist reputation and unlock Trust Regain which requires you handover a bunch of common keys to obtain the reputation back.
Big Customer (Prapor) Option
By handing the Big Customer quest into Prapor players earn themselves the following rewards:
- 8,100 Experience
- Prapor Rep +0.03
- 200,000 Roubles (changes based on Intelligence Centre level)
- 1 6B2 Flora Armour
- 2 Ammo case
For failure players will lose 0.25 Prapor reputation and unlock No Offence which requires you to give Prapor 10 M67 grenades keys to obtain the reputation back.
Why Choose Skier or Therapist?
As noted at the start of this guide the main consideration for players will be between Skier or Therapist to hand in the Chemical Part 4 task. At first glance you may be thinking that the Chemical Part 4 vs Out of Curiosity vs Big Customer debate doesn’t suggest Skier as a good option but there are several factors that make him the ideal candidate for the task hand in as a default option for new or standard edition players in particular. Advanced Tarkov players or Edge of Darkness owners may lean towards Therapist instead for the reasons noted below:
- Despite Skier offering the lowest amount of experience this does not represent a significant impact on player progression with a single raid easily making up the difference.
- While offering limited reputational gains Skier is one of the hardest traders to acquire reputation on in the early game while Therapist and Prapor have an abundance of quests to acquire reputation. This is the most significant and often underrated benefit of selecting Skier in the Chemical Part 4 who to choose debate (particularly for new players). It’s the timing of this quest in your overall progression which makes the Skier reputation valuable to you as it means you can delay completing more difficult Skier quests. While daily and weekly tasks are available to gain trader reputation the large loss of reputation by not choosing Skier (-0.25) is still a significant factor if you are not already experienced in Tarkov. This has less of an impact to Edge of Darkness players given their initial trader reputation boost.
- The quests to regain reputation from Prapor and Therapist are significantly easier to complete and will cost you dramatically less than the 1 million Roubles for Skier’s reputation regain quest (loyalty buyout). For an experienced Tarkov player though the 1 million Roubles can often be a drop in the ocean to recover the Skier reputation.
- Skier offers a medium amount of Roubles when factoring in the grenade case that can be sold. While this isn’t as high as the Therapist option Roubles can easily be earned through other means such as PMC loot runs or Scav runs and shouldn’t be a priority from questing.
- The Skier quest is the only way to unlock the Zsh-1-2M helmet (black) which is sold for a cheaper price than the tan variant and provides a reasonable helmet and face shield combination. By not completing the quest with Skier the ability to purchase this is forever lost although this is a small factor as most players will never use it given this helmet is far from one of the best meta helmets in Tarkov.
- The Therapist path does offer the useful Injector Case though which is often a staple item in your secured container and saves you acquiring one from other means. This case is particularly useful for surviving PvP combat encounters or obtaining stims from raids for money making although you need some prerequisite Tarkov experience to fully benefit from it.