Last Updated on Samuel Franklinby
Tarkov How To Add & Play With Friends
Learn how to add and play with friends with this screenshot based guide to help you experience Tarkov as a squad and take a break from solo play. Escape From Tarkov not only thrives on playing with friends it also makes the game significantly safer with someone to watch your back in the deadly raids against PMCs and support you in completing Tarkov quests.
Adding friends and teaming up with them in the Tarkov lobby might not be clear to first time players though which is why this guide supported with screenshots will show you how to do this from both player perspectives. Note that in order for this to work you must be using an online raid (offline raids with friends are planned though) and both players must have the same Tarkov servers list selected which will be automatic unless you are trying to play with someone outside of your country.
How To Add Friends In Tarkov
Other Escape From Tarkov PMCs can be a added to your friends list regardless of your their PMC faction which makes matching with them significantly easier and thus recommended for those that you’ll play with regularly.
How To Add Friends In Tarkov – Sending A Friend Request
- Open the “Messenger” located along the bottom of your Escape From Tarkov screen and click the “Friends” button in the top right hand corner of the messenger pop-up.
- Type in the name of your friend into the search bar, if this is a valid name it will show up in the drop down menu along with their PMC player level in square brackets. Note that you can also use this to search for player names if for some reason you only know some part of their username.
- Left or Right click on your friends name in the drop down and select “Send Friend Request”, a message will display on the bottom right hand corner of the screen confirming if this was successfully.
- Your friend now needs to accept the friend request (using the steps shown below) before they will appear within your friends list.
How To Add Friends In Tarkov – Accepting A Friend Request
- If you are in the Tarkov menus when the friend request is sent to you then you will see a player wants to add you message in the bottom right of your game. When you are not online players will be greeted with white coloured alert above messenger that shows a pending friend request instead.
- To access this friend request follow the steps in point 1 of sending a friend request above. Note that there is an additional alert here of a pending friend request.
- Click on the pending requests section of the friends list which will display the name of the player making the friend request.
- Click on their name to be presented with the options to accept or decline.
How To Play With Friends In Tarkov
- Navigate to the Prepare to Escape Confirmation screen as you would for a solo Tarkov raid and tell your friend which map and time you have selected for them to do the same.
- On the list of other PMCs players on your friend list will appear at the top of the list. If players aren’t on your friend list then players will want to click the “Start Looking For A Group” button located under their PMC’s avatar.
- Right click on the name of your friend that you want to raid with and click “Invite To Group” after a few seconds the invite will be sent and you’ll see an invite sent status.
- The receiving player will get a confirmation message accept the group request.
- By selecting yes a group will be formed where you will be able to see your friends PMC loadout. At this point the group leader can click the ready button just like any other raid.