Awesomenauts offers a fun 2D multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) experience that is available across multiple platforms. Awesomenauts was developed by Ronimo Games and was originally released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 with a PC and Mac release a few months later. In May 2017 Awesomenauts went free to play on Steam.
Awesomenauts takes place in the distant future (3587) and has players taking on the role of mercenaries in a never ending battle between red and blue.
The game revolves around the 3v3 game mode that is played in a 2D side scrolling manner. Combined with the simple controls Awesomenauts is definitely one of the easiest MOBA games to learn giving it great appeal to gamers that are new to the genre or just prefer something more casual.. This also means it is a suitable game for consoles which is generally a platform that has been avoided by MOBA genre.
Each of the characters in Awesomenauts brings their own skills and unique playstyle to the battlefield. There are over a dozen characters to play on the PC version with the console versions having slightly less character availability.
Character uniqueness doesn’t stop there though as Awesomenauts allows you to choose skill upgrades before each game which will appear in the item shop during a match. Essentially this allows players to play the same character in a completely different manner.
Other aspects of Awesomenauts that will attract players include online/offline split screen gameplay, controller support (PC/Mac) and a good stream of content updates.
If you’ve wanted to jump on the MOBA bandwagon but wanted something that offered more of a casual experience (or a MOBA for console) Awesomenauts is it.
- Easy to learn multiplayer online battle arena experience (MOBA).
- 2D fast paced action in a side scrolling environment.
- Available across multiple platforms.
- Variety of mercenaries to use with multiple ways to play them.
- Unique and light hearted game setting.
- Official Website
- Get Awesomenauts (Steam)
- Buy Awesomenauts (Microsoft Store – Xbox 360)
- Buy Awesomenauts (Microsoft Store – Xbox One)
- Buy Awesomenauts (PlayStation Store – PS3)
- Buy Awesomenauts Assemble (PlayStation Store – PS4)
Review Platform: PC