Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies is a mixture of visual novel and crime fighting. Coming in as the fifth main adventure in the Ace Attorney series it also marked the first game for Nintendo 3DS which was eventually ported over to iOS devices.
Dual Destinies takes the game into darker settings with the legal system currently overrun with false claims and fabricated evidence. In these dark times for the law The Wright Anything Agency led by Phoenix Write and a new team of expert lawyers will once again be playing the defence attorney.
This team includes Athena Cykes, a specialist in psychology and a young Apollo Justice. Starting with a difficult murder trial against a fierce prosecutor which leads to more mystery and murders as you experience a law filled story adventure covering several cases that are intertwined together.
Gameplay in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies is comparable to other titles in the franchise with players collecting pieces of evidence and then presenting it in the court room to a range of witnesses.This splits each case into two core phases, the investigation stage where you’ll visit locations and interview people and the courtroom phase where you’ll take what you have uncovered to the stands as you question the witnesses and push them to disclose the truth.
At the crux of this is the returning “Psyche-Lock” mechanic where presenting evidence can reveal extra secrets by making the link. A new addition to this Dual Destinies is the introduction of the mood matrix which makes the investigation of witnesses more emotional based than previous games.
Whether you’re in it for the adventure or the case cracking elements Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies joins an impressive list of games in the series.
- Collect the clues, present the evidence and crack witnesses.
- A blend of visual novel and crime solving.
- New mechanic allows you to assess witness mood.
- Refined gameplay and story representing the 5th main Pheonix Write game.
- The First Phoenix Wright game on 3DS and then ported to iOS.
- Buy Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies (iOS)
- Buy Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies (Android)
- Buy Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies (Nintendo Store)
Review Platform: iOS