Shadowrun: Dragonfall started its life as an expansion pack but was eventually reworked into a complete standalone game through a number of improvements. It’s distinct mixture of magic, cyberpunk, tactical combat and RPG elements have made the game a staple for strategy fans that crave unique adventures and deep compelling gameplay.
Set in the year 2054 in Germany the setting for your adventure involves a world full of unchecked technological advancements that have made the lines of organic and machine blurred. With a backdrop of greedy corporations, elves and trolls there is a lot of elements at work to create a story and setting that you wouldn’t have come across before in your gaming adventures.
Players will quickly realise that it’s a shattered world and with a new threat rising in the dark shadows there is plenty of starvation but also a large amount of opportunity to earn some coin as a shadowrunner team. This small team will be made up of characters with their own backstory and distinct skill sets which slowly grow over the course of your 20 hour adventure. For the most part this character development is free flowing to let you mix and match archetypes together to fill whatever niche you want on your battle team.
Your relationship with your chosen characters will also grow through decision based dialogue that lets you drive the ship into one of the multiple game endings. All up you can expect to encounter over 200 weapons and spells in the tactical combat that combines melee combat, ranged attacks and cover based map layouts to give you plenty of choice in the thick of battle.
Unlike other games that are a purely numbers affair (have bigger attack numbers than your opponent) Shadowrun: Dragonfall manages to give tactical positioning the upper hand in most situations encouraging you to think about your battlefield formation especially with the well-tuned AI.
The Shadowrun: Dragonfall experience simply oozes quality and with a story that you get to drive combining with one of the best tactical strategy combat in recent years it’s a joy from start to end.
- An expansion pack turned fully fledged game experience.
- Create a team of adventurers with unique motives and skills.
- Unique setting that blends fantasy and steampunk into a shattered Germany.
- Use careful positioning to your advantage against intelligent AI opponents.
- Approximately 20hours of game missions.
- Buy Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director’s Cut (GOG)
- Buy Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director’s Cut (Humble Store)
- Buy Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director’s Cut (Nintendo Store)
- Buy Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director’s Cut (Microsoft Store)
- Buy Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director’s Cut (PlayStation Store)
Review Platform: PC