The Inner World – The Last Wind Monk offers adventure gaming across multiple platforms. With an extremely unique setting, strong visual design and inventory based puzzles The Inner World – The Last Wind Monk is an enjoyable experience for adventure style fans.
The game itself is actually a return to the world of Asposia which players may have previously explored in The Inner World, released in 2013. Those new the series though need not be left out though with the story designed that this can be your first adventure into the strange world. Meeting mostly the same cast as characters as before players set out solving the mystery of evilness before them. Overall it’s much darker than what players may have seen in the original while also offering a slightly more difficult puzzles overall.
Robert returns to serve as the main avatar for your adventure with his curious and quirky style of exploration returning to form an inventory based puzzle experience. paired with his equally unusual pigeon sidekick known as Peck you’ll command similar point and click mechanics to the original game as you explore the environment and interact with it to advance the story progress. Said story orientates around the last of the wind monks who use their flute noses to keep order and peace in the world but have been hunted down by an evil dictator, with clear inspiration from the likes of World War II.
On the gameplay front players may often control several characters at once, be it Robert, Peck or Laura. Each will interact differently with objects (such as Peck not having any hands) and may be in separate locations or share an inventory on a single map depending on the environmental inventory puzzle at the time.
The challenge of these puzzles is consistent from start to end thankfully with only a few missing the mark across the games chapters which spread just into double digit hours.
While a much darker game than the previous title the strong inventory puzzle fundamentals still carries The Inner World – The Last Wind Monk to be an impressive adventure title.
- A darker sequel to the 2013 game, The Inner World.
- Explore a unique game world filled with puzzles.
- Unique art style and voice acting bring the world to life.
- Available across multiple platforms.
- No requirement to play the original.
- Buy The Inner World – The Last Wind Monk (GOG)
- Buy The Inner World – The Last Wind Monk (Humble Store)
- Buy The Inner World – The Last Wind Monk (PlayStation Store)
- Buy The Inner World – The Last Wind Monk (Microsoft Store)
- Buy The Inner World – The Last Wind Monk (iOS)
- Buy The Inner World – The Last Wind Monk (Android)
- Buy The Inner World – The Last Wind Monk (Nintendo Store)
Review Platform: PC