The Walking Dead is an adventure game that lets players make key decisions to alter the direction of the story. The game was released in a series of episodes and has been released across a large range of platforms due to the success it has experienced. Fans of the comic or television series will recognise the world which the game is set in. Players join this world soon after the zombie apocalypse and step into the shoes of Lee Everett, a convicted murderer. Early on in this adventure players help to rescue a young girl by the name of Clementine who plays an important role in the adventure.
The world that players explore is overrun by zombies known as walkers which are fairly slow and can only be killed by destroying the brain. Throughout the game players will encounter other human survivors across the state of Georgia. Some of these survivors will journey with the player for periods of time until they meet their own unfortunate end.
Gameplay in The Walking Dead is where much of the praise towards the game comes from as it steps away from what would be considered normal gameplay for the genre and games in general. Unlike other games players take a somewhat backseat approach to the game as they watch events unfold before them. Players involvement in the game mostly involves quick time events and key story decisions although some opportunities to interact with the environment also present themselves.
This gameplay means that players will be able to focus their attention on the character relationships that develop rather than worrying about staying alive. If you want something entirely different from the games you’ve been playing in recent years then The Walking Dead is worth consideration.
- Explore a world ravished by the zombie apocalypse.
- Follow the story of Lee and Clementine.
- Participate in the game world with quick time events and key decisions.
- Get attached to the realistic characters and their stories.
- Available on a large range of platforms.
- Buy The Walking Dead (Amazon)
- Buy The Walking Dead (GOG)
- Get The Walking Dead (iOS)
- Get The Walking Dead (Android)
- Buy The Walking Dead (Microsoft Store – Xbox One)
Review Platform: PC