The Wolf Among Us is one of Telltale Games popular episode interactive adventures. Drawing inspiration from Bill Willingham’s Fables comic book franchise the games availability on multiple platforms makes this one not to miss.
Set in 1986 the magical creatures of myth, legend and folklore find themselves being oppressed by a tyrant known as Adversary. In an attempt to escape the Adversary armies and regime characters from the fables flee to Fabletown within colonial America. In order to hide themselves from the native humans within the real world (known as mundies) fables must purchase an enchantment to appear human.
Using this unique backdrop the story follows The Big Bad Wolf who is now the sheriff of Fabletown and thus a key player in keeping the community hidden.
The Wolf Among Us is primarily a point and click adventure game where players control the ex-Big Bad Wolf (now Bigby Wolf). Gameplay is comparable to other Telltale games with a focus on environment interaction and examination of objects and characters. At key points in the story players will have the opportunity to make a decision by exploring the conversation trees and influence events further down the line.
The Wolf Among Us also uses a number of quick time events which force players to respond quickly or lose a key character which will make the game restart at the most recent checkpoint. Alternatively some quick time events do not result in a restart and have a permanent impact on the game story.
For fans of the interactive adventure genre The Wolf Among Us sets a whole new standard.
- Another great interactive game from Telltale Games.
- A unique setting that explores the difficulties of fable characters in the real world.
- Explore, navigate, inspect and make story decisions.
- Compare your story to others at the end of every chapter.
- Available on a huge range of platforms.
- Buy The Wolf Among Us (GOG)
- Buy The Wolf Among Us (Amazon)
- Get The Wolf Among Us (iOS)
- Get The Wolf Among Us (Android)
Review Platform: PC